Saturday, April 18, 2015

Now and Then (and an unrelated video)


Published 4/18/2015


Last night I very seriously considered going to bed at 7:30 and that is NOT okay. I’d like to say that I had a particularly taxing day at work, or I’d been wrangling a set of triplets or something, but neither of those things are the case. I’m a young person in LA and I could have been doing something other than reliving my childhood by watching Boy Meets World, but the thought of leaving the house again was sooo unappealing.

I’m not quite sure when my idea of a good time shifted so drastically, but I’ve been realizing lately that ALL of my priorities and goals have been changing. When I was 21 and had just graduated and was planning to move here to pursue acting, I’m pretty sure I was like “I want to eat diamond sandwiches while skydiving and stay up all night drinking champagne and partying in Paris and be in blockbusters and drive a G-class.”  Or something like that.

Time, the realities of living in LA, and the ability to reassess what’s actually important has lead me to a serious reevaluation of my youthful aspirations. Now most of my fantasies about the future usually revolve around having a garage. Like, I really, really, really just want a garage because parking on the street is killing my soul. I cannot stress how much I want a garage. And a holistic dentist. I don’t understand how this happened to me.

By the way, the video I’m posting has absolutely nothing to do with anything I just wrote. So that’s happening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment